May 18, 2010

Birthday Travelganza Part 3: Sydney

The official halfway point on my birthday tour, Sydney embraced me with open arms. I didn't realize how much I missed the smell of the ocean until I arrived back in Bondi. I'm seriously going to miss going for morning runs along the beach...big time.

It was so great to see old friends again and say a farewell to this beautiful country of Australia.

Had a nice big dinner at Bondi Pizza with both my Canadian and Aussie friends 


Enjoyed many open bar nights on the rooftop patio of Diageo (the nights got a bit blurry)



Had a good old fashion Aussie BBQ with the Whalley Family- my long lost Aus relatives. 



How cute is this little munchkin? I'm going to miss her big time



Another thing I'll miss about Australia? THE COFFEE.
 None of this drip business- everyone here is a barista even in their own kitchen.


I find it rather fitting that I'm ending my time here in Sydney where it all began. Over the past 6 months I have learned so much and met some really great people. I couldn't think of a better way to ring in my 25 years of living than by going out and actually living it. 

Goodbye for now dear Sydney... I will most definitely be back.

Next stop: NYC


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails