June 07, 2010

Meet the Tribe

During my time in Australia I met a lot of really great people. 
Some I've introduced you to, some I've kept all to myself... but alas 
I'm finally learning to share. So with that I would like you to meet 
the Sydney Travel Tribe! 

Every month the tribe gets together to share ideas, business tips and 
chat about their one true love: Travel.
I found out about the group through Graham who has been supporting 
me on my Best Travel Job Ever journey. When he saw that I was leaving 
Melbourne and heading back to Sydney, he immediately suggested I 
come out for some beers and meet the tribe. 


I’ve never been to a tweetup before 
in my own country, let alone one on the 
other side of the world… but I thought to 
myself, what have I got to lose?
The moment I sat down and started 
chatting with some of them I realized 
how much we all had in common. We are 
young entrepreneurs with nothing but 
endless ideas spilling out of us the more 
we got to know each other. 


These my friends are the people of the future. 
So with that, I would like to introduce you to the tribe:



 @aussie_ian: The mastermind behind this whole thing,
Ian is also the founder of a realtime Q&A service called Travellr
He’s also in the know of everything that goes on in the social media 
world of travel and someone you should definitely be following on Twitter!

@brookeschoenman: A perpetual nomad, Brooke 
has an awesome blog called Brooke Vs The World. She also sends 
out a monthly newsletter called Female Travel Underground that covers 
off-beat topics for the off-the-beaten path female travellers. Ladies I highly recommend you sign up now. 

 @grayum_ian: Founder of Project Wander, this dude 
never sleeps. He devotes an obsessive (and impressive) amount of time 
to following current travel news and trends via Twitter, podcasts, 
conferences and personal experience. He’s totally crushing it… 
oh and did I mention he’s Canadian?

 @kevlippy: Kevin is one of those uber cool dudes that
 has so many ideas in his head he can barely contain himself. 
He’s been working really hard at launching his website Brokepacker.com 
so keep your eye on this one if you want to save some serious cashola 
while you travel. 

 Alicia and Katrina from World Nomads: These ladies were 
kind enough to offer me some desk space and free (high speed) WIFI 
at their World Nomads office in Sydney so I could upload some vids. 
Big thanks to Ian for the hook ups as well :) 

 @trooperlauren: Co-founder of Globe Trooper, Lauren 
came up with this brilliant idea to create a forum where people can 
create their trips online and find like-minded travellers to join them. 
I highly recommend you follow them on Twitter as well.

  @vagabondquest: This cute backpacking couple 
Dina and Ryan have been on the road for over a year now and have
a great blog VegabondQuest that offers tips, tricks, and awesome stories 
from the road. 

But these are just a few of the awesome people you will meet if you 
ever attend a Sydney Travel Tribe. Their numbers are only growing, 
so I highly recommend you check out their website. If you’re a 
travelling vlogger/blogger like myself and ever in the Sydney area, 
be sure to stop in and enjoy some beers with the tribe. 
I can’t wait to reunite with them again in the future! 

IMG_2822

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails