December 19, 2010

Farewell Cali


Well, it's only the beginning of a long-term relationship I'm sure, but after a spending my final days in LA- my Best Travel Job Ever road trip has come to an end.

I never thought I would like LA- but it's not so bad after all. (Still not a place I'd like to live)- but a place I will visit again I'm sure. The thing that made the experience so great? The locals! We stayed with my good friend Colt who lives in West Hollywood and even met up with my TV producers who happened to be out there on business.

It really is a small world :)

We saw the sights, and of course hit Hollywood Blvd- but I was only interested in one star.

My favourite night was our Urban Adventure Stars and Bars Tour with Intrepid. We got a fun tour of all the classic bars in LA and experienced mixology at it's finest sitting poolside at the Roosevelt.


Big shout-out goes to Matthew Biancanello for changing the way cocktails are enjoyed! In addition to having a huge selection of fresh produce on his bar top, Matt hand mixes his own reductions with the freshest seasonal produce and does it all with a charming confidence that is so refreshing. It was a pleasure to spend time with you Matt- watching you work your magic brought back fond memories of when I worked at Diageo in Sydney. 



Before leaving, Mike and I headed to Runyon Canyon which has spectacular views of LA and a great place to get some exercise. We decided to make one last little video to say goodbye:



Big thanks again to Gregg and the team at Flight Centre for hooking us up, and Intrepid Travel for the Urban Adventures!

Thanks for following our little adventure. Your comments and recommendations always make the experience that much better :)  Stay tuned for more updates - I've lots going on in Toronto- all of which involve more blogging!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails