March 28, 2011

Facetime in Van


This past week I had a chance to hang out in Vancouver for work and ended up getting so inspired by the people I met, and capturing what this city had to offer from behind the lens.

I had a lot of meetings, ate a lot of awesome sushi, and drank some excellent seasonal brews.

Came across this mural on the wall at the Invoke/Hootsuite offices and had to snap a photo. Kinda looks like the Twitter Fail Whale, and I kinda love everything about this place (even the people).


Really excited to work with them... big shout out to Grace and Greg- you kids are doing big things and I like it!

Also met heaps of other blog babes and travel peeps at the Flight Centre Canada head office. I hosted a tweetup with Gregg and it was so great to meet people offline and get some serious face time in! I'll definitely be throwing another one next time I'm in Van again for TBEX in June. 


I was stoked to finally get to see the Olympic Cauldron for the first time (I was in Australia when the Olympics took place last year... I know, I'm a poor excuse for a Canadian). Nonetheless, I embraced every goddamn second of it. I was even lucky enough to see it lit at night. 


Overall, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed you Vancouver. The people, the food, and most of all, the incredible scenery. I could totally see myself living here one day :) 
You give me something to fall in love with every time I come back (just don't tell Toronto).


Until next time Vancouver...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails