August 02, 2010

Thanks Steve

I'm at this incredible crossroad in my life where I have a bunch of opportunities thrown onto my lap and choosing one could completely change the course of my life. It's crazy exciting because I love each and every one of my options. I just wish I could do them all at once. Alas, my cloning machine isn't quite up to par yet (my Star Trek transporter has taken priority).


I remember blogging about this crossroad last year before I made the decision to travel to Australia and was scared shitless at how one decision could affect the rest of my life. Now I live for these moments.


What have I learned? It's important to surround yourself with good people, positive energy, and most of all people that inspire you. For me, it was Steve Jobs. Have you met him yet? Dude's got some serious advice to lend...

So with that, I leave you with a very inspiring speech and in particular my favourite quote from it:

"You've got to find what you love. And that's as true for work as it is for lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking...and don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."  -Steve Jobs


Now it's time for me to get back to work. I have a website that awaits it's launch :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails