November 26, 2010

That's a Wrap!

As November comes to a close, it's time to wrap things up. After a very successful season, I was happy to announce 'That's a Wrap!' to the cast and crew of Battle of the Blades Season 2.

One of my favourite jobs, this show allows me to floor direct from ice level (and being a figure skater my whole life) it really is a dream come true to work on this gig :)



We ended things with a very special taping called 'After the Ice Melts' which will air on Dec 5th at 8pm on CBC. Trust me when I say you'll want to tune it for that one!


Overall, I think I'm going to miss the Motts Clamato set the most.


The Motts peeps were so good to us and even let the crew take home free product at the end of the show. Thanks again guys!


Last year when I wrapped up on Blades, I went to Australia to travel. This year I'm hitting sunny California :) I won a sweet blogging competition with the Best Travel Job Ever from Flight Centre and will be starting in San Francisco and working my way down to LA. 


It's crazy where life can take you isn't it? If I never made the decision to go to Aussie, I highly doubt I would be sitting here writing about all the new projects I'm juggling right now. Especially my baby the Toronto Travel Tribe. We had our last meetup on Nov 24th and the theme was India. 


Held at Kama Indian Restaurant, we ate lots of spicy food, shared some great stories and Mariellen of BreatheDreamGo shared her Top 5 Myths about India with the group. Big thanks to Intrepid Travel, IndiaTourism and Davids Tea for sponsoring the event. Everyone was very excited with their gift bags which included some Assam tea and Saigon Chai. Check out a full wrap up of the night here on our website. 


Since December is such a crazy month for everyone, that will be our last meetup for 2010. If you want to meet other travel writers, bloggers, photographers and industry peeps, be sure to join us in the new year!

Now it's off to California I go! Stay tuned for my (mis)adventures with Mike from Kick the Grind TV. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails